Over the past few years, I have spoken at numerous conferences across the globe, participated in and moderated panels, published articles, and gave interviews. I also wrote a little guide for how I prepare conference talks.
I’m always interested in new opportunities, please reach out with any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articles, interviews, quotes
- 1 on 1 with Engineering Leaders: CircleCI VP of Product Engineering Lena Reinhard, October 2020
- How we interview software engineers: what we’ve learned, what we’ve changed, September 2020
- Forbes.com: These Are The Four Cs For Leading High-Performing Remote Teams, June 2020
- The 3 Cs of building strong teams in a remote work environment, August 2020
- How to avoid burnout: 3 things teams need from leaders now, August 2020
- A step-by-step guide to becoming a better engineering manager, June 2020
- How engineering managers can effectively support engineers, teams, and organizations, April 2020
- Managers Club: Interview with Lena Reinhard, Director of Engineering CircleCI, September 2019
- What we’ve learned about hiring engineering managers, (also available in Japanese! CircleCI がエンジニアリング マネージャーの採用から学んだこと, January 2019
- Why we re-designed our engineering career paths at CircleCI, December 2018
Conference talks & keynotes
- What Engineering Teams Need From Leaders Right Now. – QCon Plus (virtual), November 2020
- Leading through change and rapid growth. – Opening keynote for DevOps Summit Amsterdam (virtual), October 2020
- Becoming a team, one pixel at a time. – Lead Developer Berlin, November 2019.
- What Engineering Managers should do (and why we don’t). – GOTO Berlin, October 2019.
- Building high-performing engineering teams, one pixel at a time. – Codemotion Berlin, November 2019.
- Panel: The role of engineering managers, Codemotion Berlin, November 2019
- Building high-performing engineering teams, one pixel at a time. – Keynote for O’Reilly Velocity Conference, Berlin, November 4-7, 2019.
- Better communication for stronger leaders. – CTOSummit New York, November 2018.
- Do you read me? – Better communication for stronger teams. – EmpireJS New York, September 2018. Presentation slides and speaker notes.
- Panel: The business case for diversity and inclusion: productivity, innovation and profit, Berlin, August 2018
- Panel: Fostering Diversity in the Workforce, Berlin, July 2018
- Debugging the Tech Industry: A Talk about you and me. Software Art Thou meetup in June 2017
- Debugging the Tech Industry. – Closing keynote for JSConf Australia 2016 in Melbourne. Here are transcript and slides.
- Works on my Machine: Problem exists between Keyboard and Chair. – Closing Keynote for JSConf Budapest 2016 and UpFront Conference 2016. Here are transcript and slides.
- A Talk about Everything. – Closing Keynote for ffconf 2015.
- A Talk about Nothing. – Closing Keynote for ScotlandJS 2015.
- A Talk about Nothing. – Closing Keynote for.concat() 2015; net awards 2015 finalist for “Conference Talk of the Year”. Full speaker notes are here.
- This is bigger than us – building a future for Open Source. – Presented at JSConf EU 2014; closing Keynote at jsist and ArrrrCamp 2014. Slides.
- Panel: Designing independence, ind.ie summit 2014
- FrOSCon 2014: Coding the Dream: an introduction to Hoodie, Offline First and noBackend (slides)
- IndieTech Summit: For the future of the Web, Diversity is non-negotiable (video, slides)
- TechFusion Meetup: One Million Cheesecakes: an introduction to Hoodie (slides)
- Codefront: Open Source and the Mayas or: Building a future for Open Source (slides)
- up.front Meetup: Confessions of an Alien: attracting non-coding experts to Open Source projects (slides)