Over the past few years, I got to speak at and keynote several conferences. Here are the recordings and transcripts. I also wrote a little guide for how I prepare conference talks.
- The business case for diversity and inclusion: productivity, innovation and profit, Berlin, August 2018
- Fostering Diversity in the Workforce, Berlin, July 2018
- Designing independence, ind.ie summit 2014
Better communication for stronger leaders
20 minutes packed with practical steps you can take as an engineering leader to communicate more effectively and inclusively. First presented at CTOSummit New York, 2018.
Do you read me? – Better communication for stronger teams
Debugging the Tech Industry: A Talk about you and me
A Talk about Nothing
Existing in Tech
Works on my Machine: Problem exists between Keyboard and Chair
A Talk about Everything
Closing Keynote for ffconf/FullFrontal 2015.
This is bigger than us – building a future for Open Source
Some randomly selected Audience Feedback
“You could have heard a pin drop while @lrnrd spoke.” (Shelly C., .concat() 2015)
“You could hear a pin drop in here at #ffconf” (Remy S., FullFrontal 2015)
“You could hear a pin drop.” (Glen M., JSConf Budapest 2016)
“You could hear a pin drop during @lrnrd’s #upfrontconf talk” (Stuart M., Upfront Conf 2016)
- FrOSCon: Coding the Dream: an introduction to Hoodie, Offline First and noBackend (slides)
- IndieTech Summit: For the future of the Web, Diversity is non-negotiable (video, slides)
- TechFusion Meetup: One Million Cheesecakes: an introduction to Hoodie (slides)
- Codefront: Open Source and the Mayas or: Building a future for Open Source (slides)
- up.front Meetup: Confessions of an Alien: attracting non-coding experts to Open Source projects (slides)